Dictionary defines the word Loner as a person that prefers not to associate with others. From the looks of it, Loners seem to be awfully boring people who are missing out on a lot in life. Being one myself, I couldn’t agree less. Well, not like it’s a social group or something, but I would refer to Loners as ‘we’ here. So we are not what one would think we are. We enjoy life in our own different ways, just that people never know about it cuz you know, we don’t associate more!
More or Less, being a Loner has its own perks (and Kitkats too!! I know that’s a horrible one but you see, we entertain ourselves with jokes like these in our alone time 🙂 ). I guess I could list down a few of’em down here.
- You always have a Lunch-Date!
While people struggle to get themselves a lunch-date, you always have one, YOU!
That’s alright cuz being a loner makes ‘you’ your favorite date.
- You Don’t get to share desserts!
Oh come on! Desserts aren’t meant to be shared anyway.
- People often think you are off rubbing your face in the books and studying your ass off!
Although the grades reveal everything, but it sure keeps you alive in the gossips.
- You are likely to have a few great friends in stead of a lot of not-so-great friends!
Afterall, you are super selective about the people you spend time with.
- You can dance and sing around like crazy and no one would interrupt you!
And even have your very own filmfare awards in which you win all of’em.
- You know there’s a difference between being ‘Alone’ and being ‘Lonely’!
Which is the reason for your empathy towards people experiencing either one.
- You know the joy of finding the perfect fellow loner to be alone with!
Believe me! This is the best part. 🙂
- And while you go through all this, you truly learn to appreciate and value the time you spend with yourself!
At the end of the day, that is what matters.
Perspective Change? Even if not, I wouldn’t know. I am a Loner after all!! 😉